Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas pics (2012)

If you remember, my hair intervention post was the result of my TRYING to get the drab out of my hair because our family photos were rapidly approaching; it was my only motivation, really.

It's something we have been doing every year since we had child #2; I learned that months go by fast and  in the blink of an eye, before you know it, Christmas is here.

So, each year.... I run around coordinating outfits, booking the photographer and mentally planning out our Christmas card. I cannot sleep unless it is completed. (below... This year's outfits... Did I mention it was ALL bought at TJMax and Ross?)

Paige's cream dress was the common bond of cream, gold, and black)

Our 2009 Christmas photo...

Our 2011 photo (I couldn't find the digital one of 2010, in time to post)


I still have yet to pick out the ones we are using this year for a Christmas card. If you are on my Christmas card list each year, you may be seeing some of these in a couple weeks, in the mailbox.

Our photographer, Nina McCamley of Just for Fun Foto (954-609-8787) has done us now for 3 years. She is proof that great pictures don't have to cost a lot of $$$ and all you need is a good camera... With an even better eye.



We took the photos this year at the entryway to the Parkland Golf and Country Club. It is set up and designed for easy, beautiful photos.

What a gorgeous place!!

By the end, the kids were a little punchy.
In less than 1.5 hours, she had 300 photos... I could easily eliminate 150 (closed eyes, funny faces, etc)

But we had A LOT to choose from.

Paige... Age 4. She was the reason 150 were eliminated...

Wade... Age 7

Meredith...age 10

Olivia... Age 12



Literally.... There are a hundred 'good' ones. I couldn't possibly post them all. I would never do that.

I will say that I think this one is the best family shot overall...

Paige was close to having a meltdown at this point... The dress was itchy, we were all hungry, and we'd been there for over an hour.

Anyway, when I finally choose the Christmas card batch I'll post them. Maybe by then I'll have the pics from Christmas 2010 uploaded by then.

I hope you are all healthy, happy and inspired planning your own Christmas photos.



No comments: