Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our latest addition to the house

Throughout the renovation of our home, I have said that I'm determined to have an HGTV house on a Craigslist budget. Me and a can of spray paint go FAR together.

I search Craigslist each day with an arm's length list of items that will complete each room... Not just in MY house but in a few friends' homes that were crazy enough to ask me to keep an eye out for certain items.

TODAY was my lucky day.... Craigslist was my friend, for sure.

Our kitchen re-design included a knocked out wall that created a bar between the kitchen and the front living room.

I picked up these white metal / plastic stools for $20 each at a garage sale a couple months ago. They are really outdoor chairs that had spent YEARS outside at someone else's house.

They were dirty, nasty, yellowed and stained, but they were cheap and we needed a place to sit at our new pass-thru.

They cleaned up nice enough, but they reminded me of a bird with REALLY skinny legs.

They were temporary. I made that CLEAR so Bryan wouldn't complain as I kept searching for what I really wanted.

Lots and lots of Craigslist searches for barstools led nowhere. Ugly stools, modern stools, expensive stools and sets of 2 or 3 were available... Not my needed 4 count of HGTV glory!

Then these beauties popped up last week... All 4 for $100!!!!! (the actual listing...)

My heart be still...

After I picked myself off the floor.... I left a message on the # given and the owner called back.

Holiday weekend = she was out of town = I had to wait until today to see them... A TRUE test of patience.

Thank you, God, they lived in Pembroke pines... Bryan was able to meet me there. On-duty = in uniform.= safe. (Craigslist murders and all... I don't go alone)

Nice, friendly owner... Was grateful we were normal.. Lol


Squished them in my car truck crossover... And drove them home.
They had great bones, but were worn. Needed sprucing up... Cleaning.



Nothing a coat of Oil-rubbed-bronze spray paint wouldn't fix.

 I was itching to, ready to paint... So I did.

These pics do not give them justice. 2 coats of paint they got... After I picked out a couple of Doritos buried in the wicker.(really, what's a few chips between friends?)

Ahhhhh... SO much better.

One more... I just love them.

So.. $100 + 3 cans of spray paint = me one step closer to done.

I'm throwing in one extra shot... I found these numbered coasters on clearance at Target for $1.50 and i just knew I could find a place for them

I did... I stuck them to the appropriate frames.

They may ALL need therapy someday, I know. Lol

Thanks for reading... I'll be posting our Christmas shots soon (more therapy, I know)



No comments: