Thursday, November 15, 2012

I had a HAIR INTERVENTION today.

I'm sure everyone is aware of what an intervention is... Mine was for my hair and it was today.

My poor head has had a l-o-n-g year!

Each December, our family takes Christmas photos.

This was me last this time last year. My hair looked like it always does... Same cut, same curl, different degrees of blonde.

But I was growing tired of the blonde. Tired of being 40ish with 28ish hair.

Tired of fighting the gray.

I also wanted to grow out my layers... Which can be painful when you have curly, frizzy hair.

By August... This is how my hair looked.



Can we say... DRAB?

Can we say...

WASHED Out?



Something had to be done!!!
So... In September, I was over it and did this to myself on a whim.



Really, it wasn't hard to do dark, I just pull it back in a pony tail.

Here is us on Halloween.

I don't think many people saw my hair down, so the dark color went undetected.









Me... Voting. The month-old-self-dye-job was starting to fade. Thank God for pony tails.
Finally... At last weekend's clogging event at the Hard Rock. (with Bri and Olivia1)

But it's time for us to take our 2012 photos... And how would my hair look? Dry, drab, ponytailed?
***que in panic music***
So, in an attempt to get a hair appt in my overcrowded salon, I drove there after work today.

My stylist took one look at me and ushered me to the sink!!

She said that brown over blonde = GREEN tint and guess what my hair had???

Just to show I was under the dryer at 642pm. (meanwhile, Bryan watches the kids, including a sick Paige)


I cannot believe I'm showing these photos of myself.

Hair TABOO.













My hair therapy emergency was semi-cured with a warm toner that added ALOT of red to my drab head.
I had no idea what to expect.

Meet Shelda (transfiguration salon... Davie) she has been doing my hair since I had Wade (close to 7 years)



I gave her a thumbs up for her rescue...

She gave me a thumbs down for attempting to do my own hair

She also gets a thumbs up for semi-bumping the lady she was doing when I walked in, unannounced









Bad lighting, I know, but you can see that the end result was warmer hair color and a little trim. I was there 2 hours. She is THE BOMB!

I'll head back to her in a week for the highlights. She will take care of me. She always does. ( I'll post before and after shots when I do)

So, I cannot be the only one that has had a hair experiment gone bad. You have to share your stories with me. Please.



No comments: