Friday, November 23, 2012

2 Thanksgivings... 2 families. Come meet us.

My younger brother, Rich, and his wife, Patricia, usually have friends fly in for Thanksgiving, so we plan a mini-Thanksgiving on the Sunday before each year.

Not wanting turkey twice in a week, my Mom made sauce. It was delicious, naturally. Meredith had a mouthful, I think.

We were there most of the day, but the camera only came out at dinner.... Shame on me, right? Someday I'll learn.
Patricia and Richard were trapped between kids... Didn't seem to bother them.
Time to eat (3 generations of women in this shot...sweet)
Uncle Richard and his only favorite nephew.
My mom and dad.... So grateful for them, their health, their presence each day.... LOVE them!
Fast forward to today.... Thanksgiving Day

All the Davis' (and all those related to Davis) came to our house.
I was on call (boo)... Went to work from 815-1030(boo) ok..Not SO bad.
Our grown-up table... Lol
That's Bryan's brother, Robert, in the foreground... With his awesome S.O, Siobahn. The hard-working-cop is my brother-in-law, Scott; he's married to Bryan's sister, Ronnie. Me and Bryan at the helm up there. My mom, Marjorie, was next to me.
Better shot here of the table. Basically, it was ALL of us, and our moms at the table!
Next to Siobhan, is Scott's sister, Suzanne; across from her is their mother, Rochelle. Working up the table, is Veronica (Bryan's sister), their Grandmother Olga,, my dad (Dick) and Bryan. Bryan's mom, Bev, is on the near side wearing purple.
With 20-something people, it was easier to seat kids apart.

The male grand kids (Sean, Robbie, and Wade) sat at the counter.
and the female grand kids sat in the kitchen. Hard to get those girls to smile.

(starting with Paige (youngest)... Megan, Olivia, Gwen, Olga, & Meredith.)
my first attempt... Gwen and Olga were doing their thing.
So, I reminded them that this was a SERIOUS shot.... Uh...ok.

Special thanks to Megan and Meredith for this consistency.
The Twins' birthday is Nov 22... It falls ON Thanksgiving often.
When I started dating Bryan, they had just turned 2
Yesterday.... They turned 17. Happy birthday, girls.
(I'm guessing that their brother, Sean, wasn't singing)
Thanks SO much for sharing my family's 2 special Thanksgivings.
I'm hoping everyone had a great day.

No comments: