Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tweens, attitudes, and (sweet) coffee revenge!

I just want to say, that as much as I love my kids, there are days that I want to put them out with the trash, right? But, for now, that isn't an option.

So, when my oldest daughter, Olivia, gets that Mom-you-don't-get-how-life-works attitude in her voice(usually accompanied by eye-rolling) I could just knock her into tomorrow. Every now and again, a higher being intervenes.

I'll explain....

This is Olivia (always)...



Yesterday.... She fell into a fountain. (horsing around, I suppose, I wasn't there). It wasn't without injury....

But, it came with a whole sob story about how she dropped her precious phone into the water.

The crux of the issue was her attitude and that somehow it was MY fault because it was expensive to fix. She was full of tears, and words like CHILL, RELAX, and telling me, it was ultimately not her responsibility, and it was unfair to punish her in any way.

Now, here's where the sweet revenge comes in...

Everyone is familiar with this?

Well, I decided to clean ours today, which involves running white vinegar instead of water. So, that clear fluid is NOT water - see where this is heading???

I set up the cleaning process and left it to run errands. I didn't leave a note, never dreamed she get up and create a cup of coffee.

She... In the meantime.... Woke up and decided to make a cup of coffee (hot chocolate)... But it didn't taste good. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Not intentional, for sure, yet very appropriate considering that she got a mini-mouth washing.

I decided to just be thankful that God was watching out for ME. I just look up... And say thanks!!!

PS... Her phone works fine... Soaked it in rice all night.



No comments: