Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Went to the doctors today - 1st visit

Just an update...

Went to the doctor's today - wonderful experience.

My original appt. was for an annual check-up, so when they changed the appt. to today's PRE-NATAL visit, whoever booked it didn't change the reason.

So, I go in and the nurse tells me to stand on the scale as she is looking down at the paper, checking boxes.

She says, 'So, I guess you're here because you have some gyn. problems'
I say, 'Oh yeah, I've got a big one'.

**she is still looking down**

Then she asks,'What exactly is the nature of your problem that would bring you in today?'

So I turned around and pointed to my belly (which is obviously pregnant) and said, 'Should I be concerned about this?'

She looked up and it took a moment to register - then she showed me her patient list and next to my name it just said 'GYN PROBLEM'.

My husband and I got a laugh out of that.

Then, the doctor sees me and notices that my tummy is round and tells me that it is all bloating and GAS.

My DH was laughing, accusing me of holding in gas.

I don't have gas - weak stomach muscles, yes, but gas?

We got a laugh out of that too.


Bottom line - ONE baby, Strong heartbeat - measures exactly 9 weeks (which is perfect).

No comments: