Monday, December 17, 2012

Our clogging team performed in Disney!!!

OMG... Such an exciting weekend it was!
The South Florida Cloggers took a road trip to Orlando....
(Downtown Disney to be exact)
Here's a quick recap, from my viewpoint anyway.
Even though the majority of our team stayed at a different hotel, my mini-group (Olivia and Meredith) and my next-door neighbors (Alison and her daughter, Jessica) went rogue and stayed up the street.
No photos of us getting ready... Which is good because it basically involved a lot of me wigging out.
We met the team at the Wyndham hotel (@3p) and the Countdown was on to our 5pm show time.
Me and Carmen (Briana's mother) waiting in the lobby as the group gathered.

Her daughter, Bri... And me. I love this child... Just as beautiful inside as out.

We all piled into assign groups to carpool to drive the short drive to Disney.
My personal car was loaded with the 4 kids from our street.
(Olivia, Meredith, Mia and Jessica)

The view from my seat... Yes... I was put to the backseat of my own car.
John / Becky were the leaders of the car-line. (we only had 2 traffic lights but keeping the group together was challenging)

Arriving at Disney Performing Arts headquarters...

Our mini-group (Arrowhead Davie) residents.
(Mia, Meredith, me, Jessica, Olivia... Getting read to practice)

One of MANY group shots. This was outside the practice area.

Shots like this is what happens when kids are left alone with the camera.
(no clue what Mia was going for... But she screamed it out, right?)
Final pep talk as we lined up...
The announcer for Disney (same guy that announces the Electrical parade, i think) announced our arrival and asked everyone to come to the arena area to watch.
That was when I knew this was going to be big.
Stacy (Mia's grandmother), Ellen (Jessica W. mom) and me. I gotta stop taking the self photos. My arm isn't long enough

Our view from the stage. It's only HALF the viewing area. It was packed!
Snapshots of us performing the first act... Our Elvis themed mix
Olivia, Skylar, Sunshine, Mia, Bri, Meredith, me, and Jessica W.

What the backstage area looked like. We had a costume change between 2 five minute performances.
Our second act,... Country mix.

the ending... Sha-zam!!

Afterwards.... We walked around Downtown Disney

Meredith's face when she realized we were not going to an actual park...

Actually... Adding a park would've been too much.

Lots of practice... Totally worth the experience. I don't think that the kids would've done as good if they had been nervous.
We perform SO much that I don't think any of us were nervous... The stage was slick, which equals falls... That made me nervous.
As FB pics pop up....I'll steal them and create an awesome post on the SouthFloridacloggers.blogspot.com
Visit you-tube to see the videos.... Just search SOUTH FLORIDA CLOGGERS &, hopefully, it'll pop up soon.
Thanks for looking!!


No comments: